Re: README.md (was: migrating to GitLab)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: README.md (was: migrating to GitLab)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 10:08:12 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 17.05.2020, 10:01 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 9:55 AM Urs Liska <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > although I have admittedly been pretty much silent about all this I
> > would like to ask about getting access to the LilyPond repository
> > in
> > the new place as well. My user name there is urs.liska.
> >
> > One thing I noted while setting up my account is that we don't have
> > README.md in the root directory. Is this by any conscious decision
> > or
> > simply because nobody has done it or started a discussion yet?
>
> We have README.txt (generated from a .texi in Documentation/topdocs),
> and ROADMAP. I think it would be a great idea if someone would
> reformat the contents into a README.md file in the root of the tree.

My offer was to write a README.md after some discussions, but of course
reworking an existing resource is an even better approach.

Do I understand you correctly that README.txt is generated upon
compiling LilyPond? So where does it end up, I couldn't find a
README.txt neither in the source repository nor in the installation
directory. Does it only end up in the documentation (which I haven't
built locally)?

Urs