Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 12:17:16 +0200

On 5/27/20, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
> We do want to have the pipeline on the commit before it is merged
> because this replaces patchy.

Well, that’s absolutely crucial at the MR review stage. But after passing

> The only limitation is that all MRs are
> checked individually.

Not only individually, but sequentially.  And with no automatic queue
for rebasing, everything has to be done manually: checking whether
something’s already running somewhere; waiting until that gets merged;
then triggering the rebase/CI while hoping nobody else has been doing
the same at the same moment.

That’s not merely a limitation, that’s a PITA.  Is there a way we
could at least get the rebase part done within the pipeline? i.e.
“rebase and launch pipeline and merge when the pipeline is done” or
something like that?

Cheers,
-- V.