Re: Remove lily-git?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remove lily-git?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 23:03:07 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

>> I think it can go. Git is now a standard tool. We don't need to
>> provide custom UIs for it.
>
> +1

It's probably more a matter of custom configuration and scripts
reflecting/condensing/summarising our (not-yet-quite established)
workflow, the tool being standard or not.

But I agree that a custom GUI tool is likely not helpful.  Not least of
all since it just isn't a useful resource for people who actually
already have their own rapport working with Git, and those are a
significant part of the developer base.