Re: Texinfo - manual line breaks in URLs?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Texinfo - manual line breaks in URLs?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 10:20:25 +0200

On 6/6/20, Michael Käppler <xmichael-k@web.de> wrote:
> Is there a reason for this inconsistency? How is it supposed to be?

Hi,
>From what I gather, that’s merely because Werner’s been looking
elsewhere for the past 16 years :-)
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/commit/?id=cae1b39741a43547e3f4add29416f24d681e1156

Now, I’m not convinced this is entirely necessary for reasonably short
URLs (and it may even compromise readability).  But it absolutely is
(or rather, should be) warranted for long URLs, particularly where the
PDF manuals are concerned.

Cheers,
-- V.