Re: Access request to push to translation

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Access request to push to translation
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:02:58 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 21.06.2020, 14:50 +0200 schrieb Jean-Charles
Malahieude:
> Le 21/06/2020 à 13:53, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > Am Sonntag, den 21.06.2020, 13:20 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> > > BTW, regarding translations:
> > >
> > > I notice that translation work gets merged as
> > >
> > > "commit cb1b3c1fb0c1d9dc1fb6fdadb0907c07b8a692e5
> > > Merge: 22eca98efe b47e5def69
> > > Author: Jean-Charles Malahieude <lilyfan@orange.fr>
> > > Date:   Sat Jun 20 17:44:05 2020 +0200
> > >
> > >      Merge branch 'master' into translation"
> > >

> > > could we flip the merge order? The history view in gitk now makes it
> > > look as if 'translation' is the main development branch, while
> > > 'master' gets merged in from the side.
> >
> > +1, that's also what CG will recommend once the updated version is
> > online. (I did it wrong myself when doing the first merge, and figured
> > out later that the other order makes more sense.)
> >

> For the record, here is how I've proceeded, since one can't directly
> push "master":
>
> 0- pull "translation" and "master", and checkout "translation"
> 1- merge "master" into translation, with git-gui
> 2- download sv.po from the FTP
> 3- just to be sure, run
>     ./autogen.sh && make -j5 && make -j5 doc
> 4- pull again "master" and merge it into "translation"
> 5- push "translation"
> 6- log in at Gitlab
> 7- open a MR form "translation" into "master"

Yes, that's for merging translation to master which was done on a
regular basis in the past.

For everything else, just continue pushing to translation as before.
That's what we have the branch for and there's never been talk about
changing the procedure for translators. I don't understand why you want
to make your lifes harder than before the switch and merge everything
to master immediately?

Jonas