Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 14:26:17 -0600

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 2:18 PM Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> wrote:

> (Also in response to Carl)
> In Italy, we call this approach "fare la morale".
> C's answer made P's words look like:
>
> "Hey, please develop this for me." And the answer was, more or less (---> do
> the moral):
> "If you want it to develop, collect the money."

I'm sorry I gave that impression.  I did not intend to do so.

In fact, your collecting money would have no affect on my desire to
work on this issue.

> This is absolutely the opposite of my intentions.
> Instead, I pointed out that the lack of a cautionary pedal is not simply
> something that can be improved. And I have no problem using ugly workaround
> to solve it (I'm in control of my code).
> Instead, it is a general problem that makes the pedal ** unusable *** in any
> professional score.
> And it's not a problem for me, but it's a problem especially for novice users.
>
> In any case, I reported the problem to the developers. Just as I reported to
> Harm that there is an error on the snippet's Midi.
> They will decide what to do, according to the time they can or want to
> dedicate to the thing.

I must have misinterpreted your words.  I considered your words to say
that if nobody responded to your post, the thread would be wasted.

I don't believe anybody that I'm aware of right now is likely to jump
on changing pedals from TextScript to TextSpanner, so I don't think
anything is likely to come from your request in the near future.  I
was merely trying to keep you from being disappointed when nobody took
up the issue.

Again, I am sorry for sounding harsh and polemical.  I certainly did
not intend to.

Carl