Re: failing CI builds

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: failing CI builds
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:20:17 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 28.06.2020, 14:33 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Samstag, den 27.06.2020, 18:25 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> > On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 11:37 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> > > https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/201
> >
> > Curious, this change can't affect lilypond execution. Are the failures
> > localized to certain runners?
>
> No, I can reproduce this locally with current master when running plain
> "make doc" without parallelism.

(And also natively on Arch Linux, which made investigation much easier)

> It started after
>
> commit 99ee305b37d5804cd215cd8a222ec8a1eccb8caf
> Author: Han-Wen Nienhuys <
> hanwenn@gmail.com
> >
> Date:   Wed Jun 17 23:12:27 2020 +0200
>
>     Write output files atomically
>
> or more precisely after the command to flush PDF output. However, the
> other MR triggered a similar problem before this commit landed in
> master, so I would tend to say that it just triggers an existing
> problem.

I think the workaround is the same as for the issues with broken PDFs:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-06/msg00140.html

MR at https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/206
If CI agrees with me, I'd like to merge this immediately to unblock
further work.

Jonas