Re: GSoC 2020 update: (hopefully) final commits made; testing time

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020 update: (hopefully) final commits made; testing time
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 02:03:49 -0700

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 1:07 AM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> * Who has written the file `glyphnames.json`?  It lacks a copyright
>   header.  If this is a non-lilypond file copied verbatim, please add
>   a separate file (say, `glyphnames.json.txt`) that gives all the
>   details: author, origin, license, retrieving date, etc.  If
>   necessary, a comment should be added to LilyPond's `LICENSE` file.

So, glyphnames.json.txt would look like this?

glyphnames.json, created by Daniel Spreadbury, was retrieved from
https://github.com/w3c/smufl on DD Mon YYYY. It is licensed under the
W3C Community Contributor License Agreement and the W3C Final
Specification Agreement.

It seems that the SMuFL specification (including its helper files) are
under two licenses which complement each other, the W3C Community
Contributor License Agreement and the W3C Final Specification Agreement. I
don't quite understand their relationship to each other, though. Does only
one need to be mentioned, or both?

> * You also have to mention the non-LilyPond JSON file license in the
>   `LICENSE` file since it is not GPL.

All right. Should I also include a copy of the license(s) in the same
manner as LICENSE.OFL and LICENSE.DOCUMENTATION?

* In general, all new files like `scm/name-conversion.scm` need a
>   copyright header similar to other files.  Exception are very small,
>   auxiliary files with, say, less then 10 (not too long) lines of
>   data.

Gotcha. Currently, scm/name-conversion.scm and scm/smufl-map.scm are
generated by gen-emmentaler.fontforge.py. I take it, then, that that script
should also generate the headers?

Thanks,
Owen