Re: branching stable/2.22?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: branching stable/2.22?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 13:34:51 -0400

On Sep 13, 2020, at 12:57, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 13.09.2020, 11:59 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
>> What annoys me is that the default build creates the info docs, which
>> aren't necessary for developing lilypond.
>
> I guess that has to stay because we want distributions building from
> the tarball to ship the info files to their users…

The default target should give you something correct and complete, and "make
check" should build on it.

But it is annoying to wait for those docs to build when your goal is to debug a
specific issue.  I usually run "make -C lily out/lilypond" to speed it up, but
I don't think it properly deals with all prerequisites.  It would be nice if
there were a target ("make lilypond"?) that would update everything required to
run out/bin/lilypond without rebuilding the docs.
—
Dan