Git GUIs and interpretation of GNU guidelines

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Git GUIs and interpretation of GNU guidelines
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 20:48:51 +0200

Hi all,

As part of a large change to CG section 3, "Working with source code",
I'd like to link to a page with a choice of Git GUIs. There is this on
Git's official website:

https://git-scm.com/downloads/guis/

Here comes the problem: it links to both free as in speech and
proprietary software.

Is it fine with respect to GNU guidelines to link to that page? Maybe with a
sentence like "We recommend picking a piece of free software among those."?

Otherwise, do you have a couple Free Git GUIs to propose for linking?

Thanks,
Jean