Re: lilypond.pot broken (SCM missing)

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: lilypond.pot broken (SCM missing)
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 13:35:34 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 07.10.2020, 22:49 +0200 schrieb Michael Käppler:
> Hi all,
> while adding gettext calls to all warning and error messages I noticed
> that the strings from all SCM files are missing in lilypond.pot.
>
> Bisecting yielded that
>
> commit 5e092ee0d9b84d1948dc90e95488e8c9b58576d1
> Author: Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@lilypond.org>
> Date:   Sat Mar 21 23:46:14 2020 +0100
>
>      Inline scm stepmake templates
>
> caused the regression.
>
> It seems that the definition of $(SCM_FILES) in scm/GNUmakefile does not
> reach stepmake/stepmake/po-targets.make,
> where it would be needed to run xgettext on it.
>
> I do not know how to fix this correctly, any advice or MR appreciated.

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/446 should fix
this and has some explanations what's going on.
On the bad side, this means we've lost the translations for French,
Italian, and Japanese in commit ea3ead41. The ones in Catalan, Dutch,
Esperanto, Spanish, and Swedish are still there, prefixed by #~.

I'm not very familiar how the translation of the po files happens,
adding Jean-Charles who "fetches" and commits the files. What do we
need to resurrect them? If that requires another release, I'm all for
doing 2.21.7 from master before creating a stable branch.

Jonas