Re: Milestones

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Milestones
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:37:24 +0200

Am Montag, den 12.10.2020, 08:19 -0400 schrieb Dan Eble:
> On Oct 12, 2020, at 02:21, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 11.10.2020, 12:12 -0400 schrieb Dan Eble:
> > > I can see, after the fact, a merge from release/unstable into master that
> > > updated the version.  I guess I need to check the release/unstable branch
> > > before I merge an MR with new regression tests to master.  Is that right?
> >
> > Yes, . . .
>
> Is there any possibility to tweak this process so that regular contributors
> to master don't have to monitor a separate branch?

If this is of concern to you, please propose something that would work
for you and get feedback from Phil. While I happen to be involved, it's
eventually not me who builds and tags the releases.
Personally I don't see much harm in moving a few issues and MRs across
milestones from a short period of "contention". It causes some
additional notification emails, but not more than other activity does.

Jonas