Re: Problem with OTF support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Problem with OTF support
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 13:35:20 +0200 (CEST)

> If I understand correctly, "Source Han Serif TW" is one of
> "Region-specific Subset OTFs".  They are subset fonts, so CID !=
> GID.
>
> "Language-specific OTFs" (e.g. "Source Han Serif TC") are not subset
> fonts, so CID==GID.  I think these non-subset fonts would be fine.

Maybe your analysis is correct.  However, I've just tried
'NotoSerifJP-Regular.otf' – it is this font that gets packaged by many
GNU/Linux distributions, and not its sibling
'NotoSerifCJKjp-Regular.otf' –, and I get exactly the same problem.
Since this is quite a popular font we have a serious issue that should
be fixed.

    Werner