Re: Stop issue verification?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Stop issue verification?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:14:43 -0400

On Oct 25, 2020, at 15:43, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> I propose that we:
>
> - Remove this procedure.
>
> - Also remove the "Status" scoped label, adding non-scoped labels
>   when necessary.
>
>   - Status::new and Status::accepted: no longer applicable since
>     there is no longer a formal bug squad.

I'm pretty sure I can support this in any case.

>   - Status::fixed and Status::verified: not needed anymore if there
>     is no verification (closed issues are fixed).

I guess you mean "closed issues that are not tagged as invalid are fixed."

>   - Status::started: assign the issue to yourself if you are working
>     on it. This appears in the UI and you also see if an issue has
>     an associated merge request.

Agreed.

>   - Status::invalid, Status::duplicate and Status::shelved converted
>     to plain labels.

What is the value of "shelved"?  We have 3 issues with that label and I don't
see what makes them special.

> - Explicitely state in [CG 9.1] that whenever applicable, bug fixes
>   should contain a regression test − currently it says this needs a policy.

I would not make it a policy, but I would say that if you want your
contribution to work six months from now, you should make an effort to cover it
in regression tests.
—
Dan