Re: Testing a branch?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Testing a branch?
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 12:11:48 +0100

Hi,

Am Samstag, dem 05.12.2020 um 11:37 +0100 schrieb Thomas Morley:
> Hi,
>
> I intended to checkout, review and test
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/538
> Though, I can't find the branch
> dev/dsg/hairpin-endpoints
> on my local git after a fresh invoke of `git fetch`

The branch lives in David's fork at
https://gitlab.com/davidstephengrant/lilypond. To test the changes, you
can do either of the following:
 1. Add that repo as an additional remote and check out the branch from there.
 2. Do $ git pull --no-rebase https://gitlab.com/davidstephengrant/lilypond
dev/dsg/hairpin-endpoints
 3. Or $ git pull --no-rebase origin refs/merge-requests/538/head

The latter two should be equivalent, only fetched from a different
location.

Jonas