Re: A basic question of Lilypond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: A basic question of Lilypond
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 09:25:48 +0100

wyanshan <wyanshan@163.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I start to learn C++ programming half years ago and have just a little
> programming experiences before that.
> I  played guitar in my free time and know basic theory of music. I found
> LilyPond!
>
> I have a very basic question about lilypond, maybe basic, but I think
> basic questions and answers would be to way for those who want to open
> a door of a new world. Thanks ahead.

That sounds more like a question for the user list than the developer list.

> Where is the start up window file is in the source code? (The start up
> window means the window when you open the software). For example with
> excel VBA, I create a window file named with myWindow.frm,
> So the my Window.frm (with extension name frm) is saved, I can find
> it.  I think I have downloaded the source file I can find lilyPond GUI
> design file and the scheme of this window loading process, and also
> design of menus, I tried
> But I can’t find it.
> So, would some friend teach me the lilyPond software startup theory
> and how to design the GUI look.

<http://lilypond.org/text-input.html> should explain that.  Then there
is <http://lilypond.org/easier-editing.html>.

You say you program in C++.  Where is the startup file for C++?  There
is no such thing, but there are various IDEs you can use for writing C++
code.  Similar with LilyPond.  Frescobaldi is a pretty popular one.