Re: Would like to develop

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Would like to develop
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 21:58:49 +0100

Interesting, the brew formula uses the pre-built binaries which are 32-
bit only (due to licensing issues, see below):
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-cask/blob/HEAD/Casks/lilypond.rb
That's more of a packaging issue in brew, LilyPond should build fine
with Clang since a year or so. IMHO the formula should be updated to
build from source.

For the pre-built binaries, you could have a look at my ideas in this
repo: https://github.com/hahnjo/lilypond-binaries/ I think I eventually
made it work for macOS, but I don't own a Mac myself so help would be
welcome. I presented the idea earlier this year, see this thread:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-03/msg00337.html
Note that this way requires Guile 2.2 (to also get 64-bit binaries for
Windows) which is not yet ready for full production use, I'd say.

Regards
Jonas