Re[2]: who needs script `update-patch-version`?

From: Trevor
Subject: Re[2]: who needs script `update-patch-version`?
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 12:26:15 +0000

Werner wrote 01/02/2021 11:11:21

 It would be great if you can structure the revision as incremental
 updates and not as a big dump. Those are quite tedious to review and
 usually take much longer to go through...

Unfortunately, this is next to impossible since there are so many
changes.  I will provide a PDF that holds the changed pages so that
you and others can simply read what's written there, comparing it with
the current version of the Contributor guide if necessary.

It was this condition (to provide small incremental changes) that made
me abandon editing the docs many years ago. At the time I was part-way
through a major reorganisation of 2.1 Vocal Music which I had to abandon
as it was simply impossible to do it incrementally. Since then the docs have
virtually stagnated. Hope you're able to work this out better than I was
able to do, Werner.

Trevor