Relevant blog post: "Music production on Guix system"

From: Jahrme Risner
Subject: Relevant blog post: "Music production on Guix system"
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 19:33:41 +0000

Hello all,

I was catching up on the blog posts for GNU Guix, and I thought that one in
particular might be interesting to some members of the LilyPond community.
There was a post about music production on a Guix system that utilized
LilyPond. The process integrated usage of both the PDF and MIDI output into the
music production flow.

https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/music-production-on-guix-system/

Sorry if this has already been shared on the list and I missed it.

Best wishes,
Jahrme

For those not wanting to read the whole post, one of the more relevant passages
reads:
"""
I decided to hone in on the exact harmonies with an unlikely tool: the
unparalleled [music engraving application Lilypond](https://lilypond.org/).
Lilypond sports a versatile language that covers primitive note input, the
means of combining them to larger phrases and musical ideas, and the means of
abstraction — it allows for musical ideas to be named and recombined in
different shapes. For everything the language doesn’t account for with
specialized syntax I can simply switch to Guile Scheme. No other notation
software is as flexible and malleable as Lilypond.
"""