Re: Stacked extensions in harmonics

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Stacked extensions in harmonics
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 00:53:15 +0100

Yes, I was thinking of that too, but I left it for now. That being said, I
think I can quite easily come up with something. The important thing would be:
I’d have to check the height of this markup (which either needs a good
approximation or simply an on-the-fly call), from there I can work out how
much the markup should be raised.

> I wonder if the logic for scaling parenthesis thickness should really be
> baked into that markup command.  I could imagine users of \bracket or
> \parenthesize might want values to smartly scale.  If that work could be
> refactored there, it would clean up a little bit of the work you've done
> within the chord names.

Im sorry, I do not really understand what you try to say. Do you mean it
should be done so or do you mean it shouldn’t?

Valentin