Re: Test reader speed of Guile 3.0.6

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Test reader speed of Guile 3.0.6
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 19:35:35 +0100

Am Freitag, dem 19.03.2021 um 10:41 -0500 schrieb Karlin High:
> On 3/19/2021 8:03 AM, Knut Petersen wrote:
> > Building lilypond 'master' with guile 'master' looks promising:
>
> Indeed. I understand memory usage has been higher for LilyPond with
> post-1.8 guile versions. Was any of that notable in these tests?

I think much of the memory usage is fixed by
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/593 and
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/616

When running all regression tests, I think I remember Guile 1.8 and 2.2
were at the same level, but I hope to have fresh numbers in the coming
weeks.

Jonas