Re: State of LilyPond with Guile 2.2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: State of LilyPond with Guile 2.2
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 16:17:15 +0200 (CEST)

> I'd like to give an update on the status of Guile 2.2, including
> some benchmark numbers.  See the end for my conclusions, but I'd
> welcome comments on your take.

Thanks for doing the comparison.

This has certainly be mentioned somewhere, but what exactly is the
advantage for LilyPond of using Guile 2.x or 3.x?  Your numbers look
as if staying with 1.8 would be the right thing currently, and we
should probably start to ponder how to integrate the Guile 1.8 bundle
into the LilyPond distribution...

    Werner