SMuFL name mapping update

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: SMuFL name mapping update
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 19:23:06 -0700

Hi all,

It's been a while, and I apologize. Evidently I'm not as good at managing my own schedule as I thought I'd be.

That said, I'd like to pick up where I left off, choosing once and for all what LilyPond glyphnames (i.e. clefs.G) go with what SMuFL glyphnames (i.e. gClef), so that, in the future, Emmentaler can become properly SMuFL-compatible.

Instead of an Excel sheet, I've prepared a somewhat janky GitHub Pages site here: https://wolfgangsta.github.io/emmentaler-bravura/. It includes my current opinions on what glyphs should match up where, and indicates possibly contentious decisions.

But most importantly, it displays the glyphs themselves, so anyone can compare Lily's and SMuFL's de facto standard fonts at a glance, and at the same scale. (I caught a couple of my own errors myself while working on it!)

I've put in the same four glyph sections I presented last time, with many opinions revised. As I have time, I'll add the next few, et cetera, until all 25 sections found in the LilyPond manual are accounted for.

So, please--if you're interested, if you'd rather not let some mistake of mine make its way into our font--give it a look and tell me what you think (even if you think it's all good).

Sincerely,
Owen Lamb

P.S. I'd particularly appreciate the help of anyone who's had experience with Stockhausen accidentals. But really--anyone and everyone should give it a look! The more pairs of eyes, the better.