Re: Please review Pygments lexer and style

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Please review Pygments lexer and style
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 19:23:37 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 24.06.2021 um 18:36 +0200 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:
> Le 23/06/2021 à 19:03, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
> > Le 23/06/2021 à 18:53, Dan Eble a écrit :
> > > Not a bad idea, but -1 for the use of light colors on white: silver,
> > > yellow, sky blue, etc.
> > >
> > > What is the minimum set of distinctions that is likely to do more
> > > good than harm?  The example is a little overwhelming.
> > >
> > > (All MHO.)
> >
> > I should probably find something else for pitches and
> > durations. The example does look overwhelming, but it
> > was intentionally constructed as a showcase for many
> > pieces of syntax and builtins. A typical score mostly
> > consists of long runs of pitches and durations interspersed
> > with articulations and commands, so I think making many
> > distinctions should be fine as long as the most common
> > parts of the syntax have colors that are easy enough
> > to read.
>
> Here is a new "patch set".
>
> - New colors for pitches, articulations and some others.
> - Darker colors overall.
> - No distinction between dynamics and other articulations, nor between
> \header and \paper variables, nor music functions and music shortcuts.
>
> How does this look? I've been staring at it for too long to even see if
> it's acceptable.

I still only see text in the .html files, no formatting.

From the .rtf (as far as LibreOffice Writer can read that format), it's
not clear to me (I didn't look at the first proposal):
 * why some functions / variables are printed in bold (\staff-space and
\major are not; assignment to myFunc, mySecondFunc, and myPitch are
not, but their uses are),
 * which ones have different colors (\hide and \omit are blue, \tweak
and \override are black; markups seem to be purple, but \markup itself
is black), and
 * why ##t is bold (the first pound seems not?), but #5 and #'() are
not despite also being constants.

Cheers
Jonas