Re: Obsolete labels

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Obsolete labels
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 18:36:48 +0200

Le 26/06/2021 à 15:09, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development a écrit :
Hi all,

while colorizing the labels (let me know what you think of the first
stage!), I noticed that there are some obsolete ones that should be
deleted:

  * Task: I *think* this comes from "Type: Task" on SourceForge and
never had issues.
  * Cant_verify: As we don't do verification anymore, I don't think
there's much gain from labeling one open and two closed issues.
  * Frog: Does this still provide value?

Furthermore, the following labels have very few issues. I'd propose we
delete them because having less labels will make it easier to find the
right one:

  * Encoding: one closed issue about BOM signatures, fixed in 2.15.10
  * Dynamics: one open issue, title mentions dynamics
  * Autochange: one open issue, "Enhancement: autochange improvements"
  * Tablature: one open & one closed issue, titles mention tablatures

Moreover, I find issues in Emmentaler, Font_handling and Glyph_handling
very confusing: While Emmentaler seems like a rather recent invention
of Werner and makes sense to me, Font_handling and Glyph_handling
overlap and I'd actually label some of the issues as Emmentaler-
related. I'd propose we merge these two labels, call it "Fonts", and
put into the description that everything related to Emmentaler should
go there.

I agree with all of this.

Lastly, I don't like "-Wconversion" because it starts with a hyphen and
is very specific. Can we rename this to "Compiler warnings" or just re-
label the issues and MRs into Build and / or Maintainability?

Currently, CG says these should have 'Warning':

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/contributor/issue-classification

To me, it makes no sense to have 'Warning' for both warnings
issued by LilyPond and compilation warnings. So if you feel
like it, I'd be in favor of renaming '-Wconversion' to
'Compiler warnings', relabeling old issues with 'Warning' for
compiler warnings and updating the CG.

Once that's done, I'll try to distribute some category colors to the
remaining labels, right now I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks!
Jean