SMuFL name mapping update, 9 July

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: SMuFL name mapping update, 9 July
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 19:09:19 -0700

Hi all!

A bit of news on the SMuFL front. I've dropped in the next few Emmentaler categories (Default Noteheads, Special Noteheads, and Shape-note Noteheads), so feel free to give it a look at https://wolfgangsta.github.io/emmentaler-bravura/. Please let me know what you think, especially regarding the red "contentious" cells!

I whittled away at MetaPost and have discovered that the code for our two and seven number glyphs are allergic to being used more than once in a font, whether by literal duplication or by referencing them in a vardef twice. So, making a smaller variant set of our number glyphs is gonna take more work than anticipated. I decided to put it on the back burner for now, since it was holding up work on the encoding in general.

In case you missed the first round, it's still there! I made a couple of tweaks based on some suggestions from the W3C Music Notation Community Group, but otherwise not much has changed.

Regards,
Owen Lamb