Re: SMuFL name mapping update, 8 September

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: SMuFL name mapping update, 8 September
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 23:30:44 -0700

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick half-update. I sent a message to the W3C mailing list about the rotated arpeggio glyphs, so that should move along soon.

I also discovered I'd missed a treasure trove of pre-encoded ornaments in SMuFL! Things are matching up quite nicely now. There's just one new contention in the Script section: LilyPond's `scripts.pralldown` doesn't *quite* match SMuFL's `ornamentPrecompTrillLowerSuffix`. Opinions are welcome on whether we should name ours something different.

I updated a bit of the text on the page so that a casual observer can be directed to the conversations happening here. Otherwise, nothing else is new.

See you all next time!
Owen