Re: strange bbox of 'flat' glyph

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: strange bbox of 'flat' glyph
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 18:30:18 +0000 (UTC)

>> Does anybody know why the top and the bottom of the bounding box of
>> the 'Flat' glyph, contrary to 'Sharp' and 'Natural', don't coincide
>> (more or less) with the extrema of the glyph's outline?  A small
>
> I can't remember any reason.

:-)

The question is whether we should fix this.

Given that such a change would only affect markups where you access
the glyph with `\flat` or something similar (that is, the markup is
handled by Pango, and we won't change the horizontal advance width),
the risk of unwanted effects like text reflow is quite low IMHO.

    Werner