Re: ANN: Pygments support for LilyPond

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: ANN: Pygments support for LilyPond
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 20:05:59 +0100

Le 22/11/2021 à 19:52, James a écrit :
Apart from the obvious 'how to use this option' in the documentation for the lilypond-book command itself, I fear slightly though (from personal experience) that this may encourage over zealous use in our core documentation. Although I am intrigued to see a 'large' (i.e. something substantial) example just to get an idea of what this adds to the lilypond-book command.

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. Could you please
clarify? What is 'over zealous' use? Use of what?

Note that I don't intend to make it a public
lilypond-book option for users, simply because it
would require adding Pygments in the build process,
which may be complicated (I don't know) and is in
my opinion unnecessary.

Attached is an example of the highlighting on
Documentation/ly-snippets/bach-schenker.ly.
Is this the kind of example you requested?
(It's a ZIP archive of the HTML because my
mail client was causing trouble with HTML
attachments the last time...)

Thanks,
Jean