Re: ANN: Pygments support for LilyPond

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: ANN: Pygments support for LilyPond
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 00:31:56 +0100

Hi Werner,

Le 22/11/2021 à 17:00, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
Thanks.  Please apply the attached patch to `texinfo.tex` to make
`@setcolor` work in `@example` environments; it is necessary to
temporarily make a space character behave normally.

If my solution is sufficient I will submit it to texinfo upstream.

It looks like the patch works with pdftex (and
luatex), but not with xetex. Any thoughts about
that?

Note that the actual command to be used by 'pygments' shouldn't be
`@setcolor` but rather a texinfo macro, say, `@color`:

```
   @color{<color>}{<colored text>}
```

This macro would be a no-op for the info format, and both the TeX and
HTML implementations would put the `@setcolor` command into a 'group'
so that a previous colour would be restored after calling `@color`.

Why not. Note, however, that the HTML will be generated
by Pygments' built-in formatter directly (it uses CSS
classes on <span> elements, without outputting the colors
in the HTML).

Jean