PATCHES - Countdown for January 30th

From: James
Subject: PATCHES - Countdown for January 30th
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 20:42:44 +0000

Hello,

Here is the current patch countdown list.

I have stated in the MRs that the next countdown will be February 1st however, this will not be by me.

Thank you to everyone (especially Graham P, David K and Jonas H), it was fun and I have learnt a lot.

I am also been very proud to have been part of what LilyPond has become.

best wishes and farewell.

James

A list of all merge requests can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests?sort=label_priority

    Push:

!1156 defaultBarType -> measureBarType - Dan Eble
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1156

!1155 Improve the skipTypesetting staff cut - Dan Eble
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1155

!1154 Fix startGraceMusic and stopGraceMusic - Dan Eble
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1154

!1118 ly: reorganize basic test by backend ; add cairo if configured. - Han-Wen Nienhuys
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1118

    Countdown:

!1165 Add Staff alias to the context definition of Dynamics - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1165

!1164 output-distance: crop to max size & read imagemagick distance - Han-Wen Nienhuys
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1164

!1163 Define spanned_system_rank_interval () as a virtual method - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1163

!1161 markup->string followups - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1161

!1157 Doc-CG: add explanations about amending MRs and force-pushing - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1157

    Review:

!1169 Allow setting Cairo backend via environment variable - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1169

!1168 changes.tely: Improve for PDF output. - Werner Lemberg
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1168

!1167 cairo: convert markups in \header to string - Han-Wen Nienhuys
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1167

!1162 Center instrument names on staff symbols vertically - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1162

!1158 Allow printing the first bar number without \bar "" - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1158

!1103 output-distance: use ImageMagick's compare for visual comparisons - Han-Wen Nienhuys
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1103

!1019 RFC: Add syntax highlighting to documentation - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1019

    New:

No patches in New at this time.

    Waiting:

!1160 Add \enablePolymeter command - Jean Abou Samra
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1160

!1136 \break implies \bar "" when needed - Dan Eble
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1136

!913 release: binaries with cairo - Han-Wen Nienhuys
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/913