Re: Clarifying Windows support

From: Wol
Subject: Re: Clarifying Windows support
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 20:33:07 +0000

On 15/02/2022 07:25, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development wrote:
I like Karlin's proposal of "supported on current versions of Windows"
because more changes will happen in the future, even dropping support
for certain editions of Windows 10. Without testing on every one of
them, we won't necessarily notice until some user does.

Put dates and versions in. Okay, that means yet another thing to update for each release, but something like "lily 2.22 released jan 2022 supported on Windows 10 build 1904 and later".

If you look at the kernel.org linux raid wiki, there's a fair few dates there which means you have a good idea which statements are up-to-date and which are, for want of a better description, closer to cobweb than web.

Cheers,
Wol