Re: Comments wanted on code highlighting in PDF output

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Comments wanted on code highlighting in PDF output
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:09:11 +0000

On 2/21/22, 7:50 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Werner LEMBERG"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+carl.d.sorensen+digest=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
wl@gnu.org> wrote:

    Folks,

    Merge request

      https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1210

    is now mature enough to produce LilyPond documentation with syntax B/W
    highlighting of LilyPond code in PDF output.[*] You can find the
    Learning Manual as an example at

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/uploads/fe6850298173b29d743742f51018235b/learning.pdf

    Please comment!

This is beautiful!  I have not been a big fan of syntax highlighting, but I
have kept my opinions to myself.

I believe that these pdf documents are a significant improvement.  I love them.

I do not see the need to use the syntax highlighting in the text references.
In fact, I think the syntax highlighting in the text references would get in
the way.   I would prefer to just leave the highlighting in the code examples.

Thanks,

Carl