Re: Future tag names for releases

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Future tag names for releases
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 23:37:07 +0100

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 9:57 PM Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:
> while trying to round up the procedure for future releases, I've come
> across one point that I don't particularly like, and that are the tag
> names in the git repository. For example, the latest version 2.23.6 is
> tagged as release/2.23.6-1, which leads to the quite ugly and long link
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases/release%252F2.23.6-1
> because the forward slash needs to be URL-encoded.

I don't care much, but if we paint the bikeshed, can we prefix the
version with a non-digit, eg.

  refs/tags/v2.23.6

the leading digit always has me do a double take to check it's not a
number of a hex commit hash.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen