Re: GUB issues in the tracker

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: GUB issues in the tracker
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 22:45:06 +0200

On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 22:26 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

> Le 14/04/2022 à 22:14, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 21:59 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> > > I still see 4 issues with the GUB label in the issue tracker. Should we
> > > close them?
> > Probably. I already closed the few issues that were related to how GUB
> > worked internally. For the rest, it would be good to go over the
> > reports and see if any of the problems could potentially also affect
> > the new binaries. I already did this for one Windows problem (which was
> > actually fixed in GUB years ago...), the rest is for macOS which I'm
> > not *that* familiar with...
>
> OK, let's go over them:
>
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/3862 is about the icon of
> the app, which should be irrelevant now?

Depends on whether we want to package the binaries into a LilyPond.app
package again at some point because this is how macOS people expect.
But likely not relevant right now.

> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/2772 is about 'dylib
> redirection'. AFAICS that's not relevant with static binaries?
>
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6143: same kind of issue.

Yes, should likely be fixed "by design".

> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1307 - not sure.

Me neither, but may be the same problem. I think the two threads are

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2010-02/msg00046.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-06/msg00428.html