Re: LilyPond 2.23.8 released

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.8 released
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:37:19 -0400

Hi,

The problem is that I am using the version of Lilypond supported by the OS
package manager. I'm running Pop! OS which is basically an Ubuntu
derivative. They JUST today announced their next LTS release (22.04) is
ready.

So, the OS maintained version is currently at 2.20 (to be precise, lilypond
2.20.0-1).

If I explicitly use the URL for 2.20:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/learning/

and use the search at the bottom  of the green sidebar on the left to
search, let's say for "slur", the page that is returned is the Google
result page. However, it shows that Google is searching for "site:
lilypond.org/doc/v2.19 slurs" -- i.e. though explicitly searching from 2.20
"tree", it returns a result for 2.19.

I can't cite other examples immediately, but as I recall, it sometimes goes
back to 2.18, sometimes forward to 2.21, etc. I never know if the search
returned is going to give me documentation for the version I have installed.