Re: integrating Joram's 'visualindex'

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: integrating Joram's 'visualindex'
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 07:12:22 -0400

On Aug 3, 2022, at 06:10, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Le 3 août 2022 à 11:44, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> a écrit :
>>

>> Two weeks ago Dan asked the following:

>>> I think so, yes, with some TeX trickery.

[… it is possible …]

> Sorry for jumping in as someone without any expertise in typography, but I
> can’t help thinking: why create the problem if it doesn’t already exist? :-)

If the index were split into two pages, I would prefer to see them together.

I don't say that having to flip pages would rise to the level of "problem", but
it would be an inferior experience.

If accommodating it would disrupt the rest of the NR, then I think it would be
better to make the visual index a separate document.
—
Dan