Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Can't have rehearsal mark and segno mark at same moment
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 23:01:20 -0400

On Aug 3, 2022, at 17:22, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> \version "2.23.12"
>
> {
>   c'1
>   \mark \default
>   \repeat segno 2 {
>     c'1
>   }
>

> A power user on -user-fr is frustrated that the above
> doesn't work, as rehearsal-mark-event and segno-mark-event
> are mutually exclusive at the same time step.

Vincent,

The marks that \repeat segno creates are intended to identify points of
repetition and departure for performance.  Having one of those, I do not
understand why one would want to identify the same point with a second mark for
rehearsal.

I read a machine translation of the thread on lilypond-user-fr, and I thought
that probably you did not really want to print a rehearsal mark and a segno
simultaneously. Can you clarify for me what you wanted to achieve?
—
Dan