Re: updating merge request

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: updating merge request
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 12:24:35 +0100

Le 20/01/2023 à 08:05, Lukas-Fabian Moser a écrit :
(Personally, I use two local branches for developing a feature: one in which I keep track of my progress by adding commit after commit, and one which is the "squashed" version that I update with amend/squash and use for pushing. git's interactive rebase feature is my best friend here. But there might be better methods.)

That must be time-consuming. Out of interest, why do you feel the need to maintain this separate branch instead of just amending the one that is being submitted? Or do you only do it before submitting but don't keep it in sync afterwards?

Jean