Re: Inactive translations

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Inactive translations
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 16:23:38 +0100

Jonas,
Would it makes sense to automatically reset this at every release round?

I'm thinking it should be the translators that certify the liveness of
their work.
So I'm wondering what if when 2.<even>.0 is getting close, all translations
that don't have a commit since 3months (say, or that miss important changes
or new features or whatever similar criterion) are put in a parking space,
where it's easy for translators to unpark them, but otherwise are clearly
marked as not current.

It seems the amount of grief this would cause is minimal (roughly a couple
emails saying "could you re-liven my language?") and it would give a
stronger sense that the available material is current.

Very agreed that English and current is far better than "my language" and
stale. Also agreed that the web version is the most important to have in a
good state