Re: GSoC 2023,Re: GSoC 2023

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: GSoC 2023,Re: GSoC 2023
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 13:02:24 +0100

On 30/01/2023 12:47, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> I won't mentor anyone (I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this for
>> someone roughly my age),
>
> Rest assured that this is not an issue at all!  I really bow down
> before your knowledge and skills regarding LilyPond.

Thanks, but it's not about the technical support: if we have
a GSoC student, I am prepared to assist them with technical
issues on this mailing list and GitLab issues/MRs, just like
with all new contributors. There is just an additional aspect
to mentoring, namely overseeing the planning, making sure
the student invests the right amount of work (not too little
nor burning themself out) and evaluating the project, which I
prefer to leave to others.

Best,
Jean