Chord name size in Lilypond 1.4.2

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Chord name size in Lilypond 1.4.2
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:54:07 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> My major problem at the moment is that chord names appear to be typeset in a
> much bigger font than they were under 1.2.17.  This causes considerable

I was almost going to suggest to tweak  font-relative-size but then I read

> Is there any way to alter the size of the font used to typeset the chord
> names?  I've tried font-relative-size but it appears ineffective, even

The problem is that the chord code inserts explicit size changes into
the output. I guess the offending function is

        (define (pitch->text pitch)
          (text-append
           (list
            '(font-relative-size . 2)
            (make-string 1 (integer->char (+ (modulo (+ (cadr pitch) 2) 7)
65))))
           (accidental->text-super (caddr pitch))))

(see chord-name.scm).  I am no chord-name guru, so I don't know the
proper solution, but I guess you could get away with
putting this into the input file:

        #(define (pitch->text pitch)
          (text-append
           (list