Re: dashed tie?

From: Ian Bailey-Mortimer
Subject: Re: dashed tie?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:49:23 +1000

> One fairly standard way to indicate this is to print two noteheads,
> with a dashed or dotted tie between the notes.  Is there a property I
> can set to have lily do this?

This works for me (1.4.7):

\score {
    \notes {
        \property Staff.noAutoBeaming = ##t
        \time 6/8
        \property Voice.Slur \override #'dashed = #1
        \relative c'' { d4. e f8( )f e f4. }

Vary the parameter #1 to get different effects.

The info documentation says Slur supports #'dash-length and #'dash-period
but these had no effect for me; YMMV.

Question: why doesn't Tie also support #'dashed? (Try using a ~ instead of
a slur.)

Ian
Ian Bailey-Mortimer <address@hidden>  <_><