Re: stacato

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: stacato
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:28:54 +0200

> I try to enter some piece with lot of stacato notes. Is there any
> better way then type a lot of "-." like this
> "c-. d-. e-. f-. g-. a-. h-. ... and so on"?

You could probably do a Scheme function that adds the scripts
to each note and use it like
\apply #add-staccato \theMusic
but that requires knowledge in Scheme and in the Scheme
representation used in Lilypond for the music.

> And second question: can I set different times for different staves?
> For example "\time 4/4" for right piano hand, and "\time 3/4" for
> left?

What do you want to happen with the bar lines?
Is it a 3-against-4 rhythm or do you want separate
bar lines for each staff?

  /Mats