Re: Compile Troubles

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Compile Troubles
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:12:24 +0100

address@hidden writes:
>     Jan> Any tips on how to avoid this (apart from searchable
> mailarchives...)?
>
> One thing I sometimes wish we had was a search of the complete
> documentation.  I know google indexes it all, but when I go to the
> documentation page and look at the table of contents and the index and
> don't see anything that's clearly relevant, sometimes I'd like to
> search just the lilypond documentation.

If you  have LilyPond installed  as an RPM package, you should have
the complete .html documentation as well.

You can search that using

    grep `find -name '*.html'`

Perhaps someone can cobble up an even nicer script that puts the
results into a nice webpage.

Or we could try installing ht://dig on lilypond.org -- but I'm not
sure what that would involve.