Re: Re[4]: Windows version of lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Re[4]: Windows version of lilypond
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:35:30 +0100

> IMHO,  I think newbies will (always) have a tendency, except
> if  they've  strenghted by programming, and years of experi-
> ence, to panic when a problem (referred to as error), occurs
> it's  very  frightening  to  see  code  (ie: when there's an
> error)  of  the  program you are running, and something very
> very unWindows-like.

Well, I've seen many cryptic error messages in Windows.
Also, if you have the Microsoft programming environment
(Visual studio) installed, it will start the debugger if
you hit some bug in MS Word, for example.

I don't have much experience with freeware or shareware
programs for Windows, so I don't know what people are
used to from that area.

We've had the link to the Windows troubleshooting page
from the Windows installation instructions for a long time.
I can't really see how that could be made much clearer.

   /Mats