Re: Cyrillic

From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy
Subject: Re: Cyrillic
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:27:27 -0500 (EST)

In place where non-ascii characters are, I get nothing (or blanks?).

I'm now beginning to think that this has to do with the fonts the lilypond
uses. I have to force it somehow to use a cyrillic font. The problem is I
can't figure out how to do this...

I tried

\property Lyrics.LyricText \set #'font-name = #'something

...but I don't know what "something" is supposed to be, or where to look
for it. "cmr" works, anything else says: "(cmcyr #f #f #f #f 0)warning:
couldn't find any font satisfying". "cmcyr" was just a wild guess, because
I see references to it in a file that also references cmr, some file
called /usr/local/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map...

I guess I really have no clue of what I'm doing ;-(

Grisha