spacing

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: spacing
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:59:36 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> dotDown = \property Voice.Dots \override #'direction = #-1
>
> > The full list of predefined macros can be found in ly/property.ly
>
> So I could \include a file of my own with alternatives to \voiceOne, etc.,
> that
> defined
> \dotDown and put it with \stemDown where it belongs?
> (which is not a bug but is certainly a serious oversight.)

This has been fixed in 1.5 a long time ago. I've put it onto the list
of fixes to backport.

> > > of keys, major and minor.  Other modes cannot properly be
> > > said to be in keys.  So:
> > >
> > > \tonality g \mode mixolydian would be correct, but
> > > \key g \mixolydian is just plain wrong--and its meaning
> > > is not clear at all.

Its meaning is very clear: mixolydian is a scale (see
ly/scale-definitions.ly), and \key g \mixolydian means that the key
signature corresponds to the notes from the mixolydian scale starting
at G.  I will not consider changing this aspect of the input.