(no subject)

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 07:46:55 -0600 (CST)

I really thought you knew. Your rest placement is broken.  At some
 point between 1.2.17 and 1.4.9 the quarter rest in the 3rd measure
 of the Sammartini excerpt in the tutorial migrated from below the
 treble staff, where it belongs, to above.

I've been having tons of fun with this. I would appreciate a way
 of disabling automagic rest placement so that I can do it myself.

It is ironic that I have been able to put two stems on a
half note head, which you do not approve of, and which
 guitar players including myself have been asking you
 to facilitate for years, but found it impossible to place
 a rest vertically between two notes in the same column,
 which you apparently, *and erroneously*, think is the only
 correct style.

And it looks great! The part that has to be in only
 two parts does not look so great.

It is also ironic that the double stem style went out of fashion at
 the same time as the dotted rest, which you love to
 pieces, and the z rest too, which you don't.  All these
 extinctions had a common cause, which had nothing to do
 with good or bad notation.  :-)

 <ases c'!>  gives a collision but <c! ases>
 has the natural offset to the left even though the
 notes are a sixth apart. I hope that helps to know
 that apparently the natural sign thinks it's in the
 wrong octave sometimes.  :-)
 Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
 Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
          David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden