Re: request for help

From: Bob Schmertz
Subject: Re: request for help
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:12:46 -0500

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 09:34:21AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've loaded "Lilypond" into my computer (Windows 98).  When I click on
> the Icon on the desk top, I get a screen, the center of which is black.
> A rapid series of files is shown and then a tool bar.  The only icons on
> the tool bar that are operable enlarge or decrease the size of the
> screen.  Nothing else works.  What should I do?

I've never used the Windows version, but...

Could you be a little more specific about what steps you've followed so
far?  Did you download and run the setup.exe as described at
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/windows/out-www/installing.html ?
Which step do you believe yourself to be at?  Does the black screen have a
command prompt you can type things into?

Bob Schmertz
http://www.geocities.com/rschmertz